QUADRATIC FUNCTIONS – PYTHON
1. Try the code below at cemc.uwaterloo.ca/console. The expected output is shown at right.
a) Edit the code to also print differences between successive y-values.
b) What pattern emerges?
c) What is the sum of the first 5 odd numbers? The first 10?
2. Predict: What will the graph of (x, y) pairs for the above data look like? Plot (x, y) pairs on the grid to check.
3. What would be the output of the code at right? How would it differ from #1 above? Try it at cemc.uwaterloo.ca/console. Plot the (x, y) pairs on the grid below.
4. Record your prediction of the output for each code block below. Test at cemc.uwaterloo.ca/console.
5. Predict the shape of the graphs in 4.a) and 4.b) by studying the equations used in the code. Check by plotting the (x , y) pairs on the grids below.
6. Write Python code whose (x, y) output would match the graph below. Test your code at cemc.uwaterloo.ca/console. Does the (x, y) output match the graph?